- Department arranged an educational visit in CENTRAL SERICULTURAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING INSTITUTE, Berhampore, West Bengal. The main theme of the visit was to study of biodiversity of the area. The team was escorted by Prof. Suchanda Chakroborty (Guest Lecturer) and Mr. Goutam Pal (Lab attendant).
- Anup Kumar Sarkar and students of Part-I and Part-II conducted a Mycological Survey in the College Campus and Adjoining Areas of AURANGABAD & NIMTITA. They collected 10 macrofungi from the area. Some of the collected specimens were preserved in the departmental laboratory. These are Agaricus bisporus, Pleurotus djamor, Scleroderma citrinum, Coprinopsis atramentaria, Microporus xanthopus, Ganoderma applanatum, Flammulina velutipes.
- The department organised a field trip to the Kulik Willife Sanctuary in Raiganj, WestBengal. The visit’s major goal was to learn more about the area’s biodiversity. The tripwas supervised by Prof. Anup Kumar Sarkar.
- A Gradual survey was undertaken by Prof. Anup Kumar Sarkar and students from Part-III to estimate the Disease Severity of different crops farmed in the surrounding areas of Dukhulal Nibaran Chandra College. Plant pathological samples were collected and stored in the laboratory for future research and analysis.
- For semester II, the department organised field trips to study phytosociology of angiospermic plants on the college campus and surrounding areas. The educational trip was escorted by Prof. Anup Kumar Sarkar and Prof. (Dr.) Manab Mandal.
- Department organized State level Workshop on- Mushroom Cultivation and Post Harvest Managementwhere Dr. Somnath Roy, Assistant Professor of Botany, Malda College, West Bengal was key note speakers. Prof. Anup Kumar Sarkar was the Convener of the seminar and Prof. (Dr.) Manab Mandal Performed as Organizing secretary. Along with the students and faculty of the college almost 100 people (including farmers, self help group personnel, representative of Block Development Office, Science Teachers of the local schools etc.,) were attended this workshop.
- Despite the fact that there will be no activity this year because to the COVID19 pandemic, the department intends to publish a monograph titled “Plant Communities in Dukhulal Nibaran Chandra College Campus.” It is currently in the proofreading stage. Students will find the monograph quite useful in identifying the flora on their campus.